Sunday, June 7, 2015

Remodeling Communication and Expectations



You have decided to remodel your home, selected a contractor and are ready to begin your project.  Here is a list of things to discuss with your contractor to make sure that you are in agreement and that expectations are set and realistic.   


  • ·          What are the terms of your contract?  How quickly do I have to pay my final invoice?
  • ·         How long will the project take?  What is the schedule? What types of things may cause time lines to be delayed?
  • ·         How will workers access my home and what hours will they be working?
  • ·         Do I have to secure my pets?
  • ·         Can I live in my house during the process?  Will there be strong smells or loud noises that make it difficult to stay?
  • ·         How much will demolition and construction disrupt my home?  What are your clean up procedures and do you clean up the site every day?
  • ·         If changes are made during the process, how will the changes and related costs be documented?
  • ·         What types of things do I need to know about the products that I have selected to be installed?  Are there maintenance or care instructions?  What are the warranties?
  • ·         Who do I communicate problems or concerns to and what is the best way to communicate? Text? Phone? Email?
  • ·         Ask about certificates of insurance and licensing.



8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This is awesome and best blog
    Thanks for sharing. keep it up.
    Best Quality Flooring Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good post and hope it helps other peoples.
    Best Quality Flooring Solutions
    https://parquetflooring.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me, Thanks for posting.
    Best Flooring Solutions

    ReplyDelete